Polynesian cooking is bright and fresh, relying on the flavors of the fruits of the islands, rather than spices and herbs. Pork is the perfect protein to pair with these flavors. One bite of our Sweet Polynesian Pork Burgers and you'll feel like you're on a tropical beach!
Sweet Polynesian Pork Burgers
- 2 lbs. Ground Pork - We suggest Compart Family Farms Duroc Pork Burgers.
- Croix Valley All Meat BBQ Dry Rub
- Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki BBQ & Wing Sauce
Pineapple Mango Chutney:
- 8 oz. Frozen Mango chunks
- 1 6 oz. Crushed Pineapple in juice.
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper or Croix Valley Spicy Barbecue Booster
In small stockpot on the stovetop, combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat until the mango softens and breaks down, stirring frequently. Serve atop burger while warm. Store excess in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Separate pork into 6 even portions and form into patties. Make the patties as uniform as possible and not too thick so the burger will cook evenly and completely. Season with Rub.
- Place patties on grill over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes, flip and grill for another 5 minutes or until internal temperature is a minimum 160 °F.
- Warm up garlic Ginger Teriyaki on the grill or in a saucepan on the stove. Baste the Burger patties in the sauce and return to the grill for 10-15 minutes to allow the sauce to "set" to the patties.
- Remove patties from grill. Place on buns and top with chutney.
Makes six 1/3 lb. Sweet Polynesian Pork Burgers