VIDEO: Beef Quinoa Sliders with Fried Radishes ad Olive Tapenade
My mystery basket this week included beef stew meat, quinoa, radishes and olive tapenade. Damon was really trying to throw me with this one! My first thought was how to transform the beef stew meat into something other than beef stew…..which lead me to grinding up the meat and using it to make sliders. I incorporated the cooked quinoa and the tapenade into the meat, added some Croix Valley Original BBQ Booster and made my patties. I boiled down the radishes and fried them in oil until brown. I was fortunate to have some rolls in the kitchen I could use for my buns – as well as some mayo and spicy mustard, which I combined with the tapenade to create a condiment for my sliders. I also found some Havarti cheese slices to add!
- The sliders themselves were delicious, but you’d really have to like olives to agree with me here.
- The quinoa was great in the patties and looked really cool too. I think I’ll use quinoa the next time I make meatloaf or meatballs!
- I loved the topping I made with the mayo, mustard and tapenade, but again – you gotta like olives.
- The radishes were barely noticeable on the sliders. Boiling them, then frying them really killed that strong radish flavor. Plus, they weren’t crispy. I’m intrigued by this – I think I’ll try skipping the boiling and go straight to frying and see how that works next time.
- I was fortunate to have the Havarti cheese because my sliders were barely staying together. Melting that cheese on top really saved me! I should have added an egg or two to the meat mixture to help bind it together.
- I probably could have made these sliders just a little smaller to fit the little buns I had available – but it worked out ok in the end!
Overall this was a really fun basket!
1.5 lbs. Beef Stew Meat
10 -15 Radishes
2 cups cooked Quinoa
3 Tbsp. Olive Tapenade
2 Tbsp. Croix Valley Original Barbecue Booster
¼ C Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. Spicy Brown Mustard
6-8 slices Havarti Cheese
6-8 Dinner Rolls
- Chop up beef stew meat in food processor. Add Quinoa (cooled), 2 Tbsp. olive tapenade, and Croix Valley Original Barbecue Booster. Combine well. (You may want to throw in an egg or two here). Form into 6-8 patties.
- Thinly slice radishes and boil until soft. Dry completely and fry in oil until golden brown. (You
- Fry patties in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until browned and cooked through. Top with cheese and cover until cheese has melted.
- Combine mustard, mayonnaise and remaining tapenade – mix well.
- Place patty on bun, top with radishes and a dollop of the mustard mix.