This Juicy Chicken Cordon Bleucy made for the grill! As a unique twist on the Juicy Lucy (a burger with a molten center of melted cheese), the sweet ham, moist chicken, and unique flavor of Swiss cheese all come together to create a beautiful flavor that begs for the smokiness of the grill. Nothing fancy needs to be done with this one - let the ingredients do their magic and work together, as they have at supper clubs for years.
Juicy Chicken Cordon Bleucy
- 2 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs or 2 lbs. Ground Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 lbs. Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 8 slices Thinly Sliced Ham
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- ½ stick butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Heat grill to 375 degrees.
- If using thighs (our recommendation), remove excess fat and chop in food processor until uniform consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic to chicken and separate into 8 equal balls.
- Flatten balls thin to form patties approximately 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Place equal amounts of cheese on 4 patties, leaving ½” of meat on the edges free of cheese. Place remaining patties on top of cheese and seal the edges of the meat very carefully and evenly to prevent cheese from escaping the patties during the grilling process.
- Place patties on grill and cook for 5 minutes, flip, and continue to cook for 5 minutes until patties are firm and temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove from grill.
- Heat ham slices on grill for a few minutes, using a screen to prevent the ham from falling through the grates.
- Mix butter and minced garlic, spread on buns and toast on grill until golden.
- Assemble burgers by topping patties with sliced ham and spreading mayo on top bun – enjoy!