Brisket Egg Rolls with Horseradish Cream
This is a fun and delicious way to use up leftover brisket, or any other leftover meats you may have! The crispy egg rolls filled with smoked meats and veggies topped off with a vibrant horseradish dip are sure to be a new family favorite!
1 lb. leftover brisket
1 stick butter
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 small onions, finely diced
1 lb. mushrooms, diced
Canola oil – enough to have 1 inch depth in a pan
1 pkg. spring roll wrappers
2 egg whites
½ cup horseradish sauce
1 cup sour cream
1. Fry cabbage, onion and mushrooms in butter until vegetables are soft.
2. Heat oil to 325°. Make sure not to fill the pan too full, leave space for the oil to rise as the egg
rolls are inserted.
3. Heat brisket on the grill or in the oven (or the microwave) until warm.
4. Lay out 2 egg roll wrappers with a corner towards you. Put a scoop of veggies near the bottom
corner and place a couple chunks or shreds of brisket on top. Brush the edges of the top corner
with egg wash. Pull the bottom corner up and over the filling tightly. Bring the corners to the left
and right in. Roll tightly up to the top corner. Keep egg roll wrappers and formed egg rolls
covered with damp paper towels.
5. Fry egg rolls in oil until golden brown on all sides. Remove and place on a screen or paper towel
6. Whisk together horseradish sauce and sour cream.
7. Serve egg rolls hot with horseradish cream.