Grilled Green Pepper Omelet
Cooking on the grill isn’t simply an afternoon or evening affair, but it’s something that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Waking up to prepare a breakfast meal on the grill can be a brisk start to the morning that yields amazing flavors typically reserved for mid-day culinary adventure. My recipe for the Grilled Green Pepper Omelet gets the early bird out of the kitchen to smell the fresh air and makes for a tasty, healthier alternative to omelets prepared in a pan.
4 green bell peppers
1 hamsteak (cubed)
1 small white onion
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp Croix Valley Spicy Barbecue Booster
- Cut the top off the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Dice the mushrooms and the onion.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Combine hamsteak, mushrooms and onions in another bowl.
- Place hamsteak, mushrooms and onions equally into the bell peppers. Add whisked eggs.
- Top with shredded cheese and sprinkle with Barbecue Booster.
- Place on a 350⁰ grill over indirect heat and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until the eggs or firm. Test firmness by inserting a knife in the center of the eggs. Eggs are set when the knife comes out clean.
Yield: 4 Green Pepper Omelets