Grilled Mini Quiche with Hamsteak and Veggies.
Quiche is a hearty breakfast or brunch option to get the day going, is packed with protein and is one of the easiest items to prepare. While early forms of quiche originated in Germany and were made popular in France with traditional variants such as Quiche Lorraine, the quiche is nothing more than whatever meats, cheeses and veggies you want to throw into custard and bake in a pastry shell. Once the ingredients are in the pan, you basically set it and forget it and let the grill do the work.
The smokey flavors of a grill are absorbed beautifully into this Grilled Mini Quiche with Hamsteak, Peppers, Onions and Zucchini, making this a real treat to prepare. Put on the coffee and let’s dig in!
Frozen pie dough, thawed
2 Bell peppers
1 medium onion, chopped
½ cup half and half
8 oz. Swiss cheese (shredded)
4 oz. Shredded Cheddar cheese
Croix Valley All Meat BBQ Dry Rub
- Separate pie dough into 8 equal portions, roll out flat into parchment paper cut into 6" squares and place them into a deep muffin tin. Press crust firmly around the muffin tin to create a pie dough cup.
- Place shredded Swiss Cheese in the bottom of each cup
- Slice zucchini in ¼” planks, cut onions and peppers into chunks, lightly oil and grill over medium heat until charred and slightly tender. Remove from grill and dice.
- Grill hamsteak over medium heat (325⁰) until char marks appear. Remove from grill and cube.
- Put zucchini, peppers, cubed hamsteak, and onion on top of cheese in each cup.
- Whisk eggs and half and half. Pour over remaining ingredients, top with Croix Valley All Meat Rub.
- Place in grill over medium heat (325°) until crust is brown and knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean – approximately 40 minutes.
- A few minutes before quiche is completely done, sprinkle shredded cheddar on top of each quiche, melt and remove from grill.