Lobster-Stuffed Hasselback Ham with Hollandaise Sauce
This decadent, yet simple dish, is perfect to wow you family and friends. With a few ingredients and a little bit of time you will be delighted in the amazing flavors imparted in this dish.
1 Pit Smoked Compart Duroc Family Farms Ham
4 Lobster Tails
4 Egg Yolks
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
½ C Unsalted Butter
Pinch of Salt
1. Heat smoker to 350°.
2. Cut ham into thick chunks. Cut 3-4 vertical slits down into the chunks, but not all the way through.
3. Remove lobster meat from the tails and slice into 1 inch slices.
4. Place 1 lobster slice in slits cut into ham.
5. Place ham chunks into sheet pan and onto smoker.
6. To prepare the hollansaise sauce, whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a bowl vigorously until the mixture is thick and doubles in volume. Put the bowl in a saucepan containing simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Do not let the eggs get too hot. Slowly add the melted butter and whisk until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in salt.
7. When lobster is firm and has an internal temperature of 140°, remove the ham from the smoker, drizzle with the hollandaise sauce, sprinkle with Croix Valley All Meat Rub, and serve.