Giant, succulent shrimp are can be the jewels of the sea when prepared properly and not overdone. My recipe for Grilled Coconut Curry Shrimp with Apricot Dipping Sauce is a healthier option than deep-frying this favorite dish and, without the breadcrumbs commonly found in coconut shrimp recipes, makes for a gluten-free option everyone can enjoy. With the subtle hint of curry in the backdrop of the tropical flavors, this is simply the most amazing coconut shrimp you could possibly imagine!
Grilled Coconut Curry Shrimp with Apricot Dipping Sauce
- 2 pound 6-8 count shrimp (large shrimp) – peeled and deveined
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 7 oz. bag shredded coconut
- Cooking oil spray
Apricot Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup Croix Valley Honey Dijon Barbecue ‘N Brat Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine cream of coconut and curry powder in a bowl or plastic baggie. Add shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Put shredded coconut in food processor and chop until fine.
- Combine Apricot Dipping Sauce ingredients completely, cover and place in refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes have passed, remove shrimp from coconut curry marinade, cover completely with finely chopped coconut, and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Place shrimp on a 375⁰ grill for 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked and coconut is beginning to brown.
- Serve shrimp immediately with Apricot Dipping Sauce.
Yield: 12-16 Grilled Coconut Curry Shrimp