Recipe from Croix Valley Pit Crew member Al Gackstetter. @pigseyebbq
Take the TexMex to breakfast using the Croix Valley Southwest BBQ Booster. You can cook this breakfast in the slow cooker while you're sleeping and serve at the table in the morning!
Check out Al's video below!
Prep Time – 20-30 Minutes
- 1 bag Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes (32 ounces)
- 1.5 pounds of breakfast sausage
- 1 large ham steak (diced)
- 6 green onions sliced
- 8-10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Croix Valley Southwest BBQ Booster to taste
- Pre-cook sausage and crumble.
- Grease a 6qt slow cooker. Place half of the bag of hash browns, sausage, ham, peppers, onions, cheese. Repeat layers , ending with cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, Croix Valley Southwest BBQ Booster in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over the remaining ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 3 hours.