These simple breakfast skewers and fun and full of flavor. Add other ingredients as your palette desires! This is a recipe to have fun with – mushrooms, hot peppers, and zucchini are awesome additions.
Grilled Breakfast Skewers
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1 Bell Pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 Sweet Onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 Potato (cut into chunks)
- 1 Potato Sausage (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- Spray Oil
Damon’s Italian Rub: (or use Croix Valley Italian BBQ Booster)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Onion
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Tsp Marjoram
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Heat grill to 375° and, if using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water while grill is coming to temp.
- Skewer peppers, onion, potato, and sausage while weaving bacon slice between each ingredient. Work at the end of the skewer – skewer end of bacon, add ingredient, pull bacon over ingredient and skewer again, add another ingredient, pull bacon over and skewer again – continue this process, pushing ingredients and bacon down the skewer until bacon is used up or skewer is full.
- Sprinkle all sides of skewer with Damon’s Italian Rub.
- Spray skewer with oil and place on top rack of grill. Grill and rotate until bacon is done and potatoes are soft (approximately 15 – 20 minutes).
- Remove from grill and serve hot.