A grill is such a versatile piece of cooking equipment. It isn’t simply a tool to flame-kiss burgers and hot dogs, but it can be properly utilized as an oven for baking amazing dishes such as this Cast Iron Bread Pudding with Maple Bourbon Glaze.
Variations of bread pudding are enjoyed the world over, from bread pudding eaten with custard in Malaysia to bread pudding soaked in coconut milk in Puerto Rico. Many bread pudding recipes call for stale bread, which is fine, but not required in this recipe. This is a quick and easy recipe that will have you enjoying an effortless dessert after a meal so you still have time to catch a gorgeous sunset and relax.
Cast Iron Bread Pudding with Maple Bourbon Glaze
Ingredients (Bread Pudding):
- ½ French Bread loaf, cubed into ½” pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of Half and Half
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- Place cubed bread in cast iron pan
- Whisk remaining ingredients (except for Brown Sugar) together in bowl.
- Pour mixture over bread, pressing bread down with fork to ensure all bread gets coated with mixture.
- Evenly distribute Brown Sugar over top.
- Place pan into covered grill on medium heat around 325⁰F and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to brown and caramelize.
Ingredients (Maple Bourbon Glaze):
- 1 ½ cups pure Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2Tbsp. Butter
Combine all ingredients in small sauce pot. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and begins to caramelize (approximately 5-8 minutes), stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Serve warm over top of bread pudding and enjoy!