Fresh summer fruits are fantastic when grilled. The enhancements of flavors when fruit is heated are amazing, and the change in texture when the cell walls begin to break down are especially beneficial for hard or under ripe fruits.
My recipe for Grilled and Glazed Fruit over Cheesecake utilizes quick grilling in a Grill Wok, and a 3-minute glaze to create a grilled berry topping. It's ideal for ice cream, cobbler, pancakes, and of course, a fine New York Vanilla Cheesecake.
Grilled and Glazed Fruit over Cheesecake
- 6 oz. Strawberries (stems removed and sliced)
- 6 oz. Blackberries
- 6 oz. Raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 (3 oz.) packet “cook and serve” style vanilla pudding mix
- 1 New York Vanilla Cheesecake
- Mix berries and sugar in bowl and let sit for approximately 10 minutes to slightly macerate.
- In small stock pot over your grill on medium to high heat add pineapple juice and vanilla pudding mix. Stir constantly for approximately 3 minutes until glaze thickens. Remove from heat.
- Place a lightly oiled grill wok on your grill.
- Put the fruit in the grill wok and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until softened.
- Put fruit in sauce pan with the glaze. Mix completely.
- Serve over cheesecake.