Peaches are such a luscious fruit by themselves, but when grilled and glazed with the flavors of a vineyard and enjoyed with buttery grilled pound cake, you have one decadent treat. Our recipe for Grilled Pound Cake with Moscato-Glazed Peaches is a perfect summer dessert when fresh peaches or nectarines (genetically the same species) are at their peak of ripeness. Top this dish with some fresh whipped cream and you’ll be the dessert King (or Queen) of the grill.
Grilled Pound Cake with Moscato-Glazed Peaches
- 1 Pound Cake
- 4-5 ripe Peaches, pitted and cut in quarters
- 1 cup Moscato Wine (or any sweet white wine)
- 1 cup Honey
- Spray Cooking Oil
- Cut Pound Cake into ½” – ¾” slices and spray both sides lightly with cooking oil.
- Mix Honey and Moscato in bowl with whisk. Place peaches into honey/wine glaze and let them sit for 20 minutes or longer.
- Prepare grill to a medium high-heat of 350-375⁰F.
- Grill Pound Cake for approximately 1 minute each side, or until grill marks appear and cake is warmed.
- Grill peaches over direct heat for approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until peaches begin to soften and grill marks appear. Baste peaches with honey-wine glaze throughout the grilling process.
- Brush Tops of Pound Cake with honey-wine glaze and serve with peaches.
TIP: Serve warm with fresh Whipped Cream or a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.