The favors of a classic Pina Colada cocktail are a refreshing end to a great meal on the grill with this easy to prepare Pina Colada Parfait with Grilled Pineapple and Toasted Coconut. Featuring Grilled Pineapple and toasted coconut, the layers of sweet tropical flavors are balanced with a little kick of heat to create a dessert that the whole family will love.
Pina Colada Parfait with Grilled Pineapple and Toasted Coconut
- 1 whole Pineapple, sliced into ½” slices, core removed.
- 1 Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup Pineapple Habanero Jelly
- 2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 (15oz.) Can Cream of Coconut
- Prepare Pudding according to package directions, then chill.
- Prepare grill to medium heat of about 350⁰F.
- Place coconut on tinfoil and place directly on grill. Toast coconut until it begins to brown
- Place pineapple slices on grill and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear and pineapple begins to soften.
- To build Parfait, layer in a glass the following:
- Toasted Coconut
- Vanilla Pudding
- Pineapple Habanero Jelly (this is hot, do not use too much unless you can handle it)
- 1 pineapple slice, cut into chunks
- Cream of Coconut
Top with remaining pineapple Chunks and Toasted Coconut.
Yield: Serves 6