Everyone has heard of pulled pork sandwiches, but replacing the pork with chicken makes for a faster cook with delicious results. This is a traditional pulled meat sandwich, with a tangy slaw and sweet sauce that pleases every time!
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 Chicken Breasts or chicken pulled from a Spatchcocked Grilled Chicken
- Hamburger Buns
- Croix Valley Sweet 'N Smokey BBQ Sauce
- Croix Valley St Louis BBQ Dry Rub
Directions for Slaw:
- 1 C Red Cabbage (sliced)
- 1 C Green Cabbage (sliced)
- 1 C Radicchio (sliced)
- 1 C Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 C Red Pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 C Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 C White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. White Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat grill to 300 degrees, adding Applewood chunks, if desired.
- Combine all slaw ingredients, cover, and place in the refrigerator. This step can be done the night before to give the slaw time to set up.
- If chicken is very thick, cut in half or butterfly cut to speed up cooking time and make for an even cook throughout the meat.
- Rub chicken evenly with Croix Valley St Louis BBQ Dry Rub.
- Spray chicken with cooking oil and place on grill. Grill until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees, approximately 18-25 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for at least five minutes.
- Slice tomato.
- Shred chicken breasts and toss lightly with Croix Valley Sweet 'N Smokey BBQ Sauce.
- Place chicken on bun, top with additional sauce (if desired) tomato slices and slaw.