We've taken the jalapeno popper and turned it into a meal with Italian flavors that everyone loves. Stuffed with Parmesan, Asiago and cream cheeses, wrapped with fresh Italian Sausage and incorporating amazing flavors of Croix Valley sauces and rubs, these peppers are a treat you won't believe until you fire up the grill.
Croix Valley Three Cheese Jalapeno Sausage Bombs
These awesome morsels are easy to make, and we've made it even easier by following along in the video below!
- About a dozen or so jalapeno peppers.
- 2 pounds of Spicy Italian Sausage.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened.
- 1 cup Shredded Asiago Cheese.
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- 2 tbsp. Croix Valley Garlic Barbecue Booster
- Croix Valley Rhubarbecue Sauce for basting.
- Cut the top 1/3 of the jalapeno off, remove the seeds and ribs and set aside. Combine the cheeses and the Garlic Barbecue Booster in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the jalapenos with the cheese mixture and replace the top 1/3 of the jalapeno. Wrap each jalapeno with enough Italian sausage to completely cover the pepper.
- Place the Jalapeno Bombs on a 300 degree grill for about 40 minutes, or until the sausage becomes firm and is cooked through. At the end of the cook, baste with Croix Valley Rhubarbecue Sauce, cover and allow the sauce to set for about 10 minutes.
The result is simply amazing and will have you busting these out every time you're looking to impress the carnivores at your next gathering!