Croix Valley Cheese Fritters
Croix Valley Cheese Fritters with honey mustard dipping sauce anyone?
- Mix the eggs, sour cream, and seasonings in a large bowl first, and then fold in cheese.
- Slowly add flour to mixture and work into the fritter dough. You’ll know when there’s enough flour added, trust me. This batch took 2 cups and it started showing signs that more flour wouldn’t work in.
- For the cheeses, this is where you can have some fun and give it your twist. I used 3 cups of an Italian blend of mozzarella/provolone/Asiago, 2 cups of Colby/Monterey jack, and two cups of pimento cheese. I don’t think you can go wrong no matter what you pick for cheeses!
- Put mixture in the refrigerator to cool which will make it easier to roll.
- Scoop out and roll 1 inch balls. Fry for around 2 minutes in 325 degree oil and remove when golden brown.
Pimento cheese was my twist and not needed. Any shredded cheese will work. But if you’re looking for a pimento cheese recipe I have one posted on this page
a couple months ago with a Memphis sausage plate.