Our Spicy Reuben Bratwurst combines the flavors of two American Classics, bratwursts and a Reuben sandwich. A smoked bratwurst is paired with chopped corned beef, white American cheese, topped with spiced sauerkraut, scratch-made Russian dressing and is nestled between a toasted brioche bun.
Spicy Reuben Bratwurst
- 6 Bratwursts (raw)
- 6 Brioche Buns
- 6 slices White American Cheese
- 6 slices Uncured Corned Beef
- 4 Tbsp Butter (softened)
For the Russian Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Capers, finely diced
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp Chili sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Croix Valley Spicy Barbecue Booster
For the Spiced Sauerkraut:
- Prepared Sauerkraut (1 jar/can/bag, approx. 12 oz), drained.
- Finely sliced Pepperoncini (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp Croix Valley All Meat BBQ Dry Rub
- 1 tsp Croix Valley Spicy Barbecue Booster
- Prepare Grill to 280-300⁰, add chunks of hardwood until thin blue smoke is achieved.
- Prepare Russian Dressing by combining all ingredients in bowl and keep refrigerated until ready for use.
- Prepare Spiced Sauerkraut by tossing all ingredients together until thoroughly combined and keep refrigerated until ready for use.
- Place bratwurst on top racks of grill and smoke until bratwurst are firm, cooked through and have reached an internal temp of at least 165⁰. Wrap in foil or cover and keep hot until ready to serve.
- Heat slices of corned beef on grill, remove and chop.
- Split the brioche buns, butter insides and place on the bottom rack of the grill (inside of the bun down) until toasted and golden brown. Cut each slice of American cheese into 4 equal parts, place 2 pieces of cheese on each side of the bun and place on top rack of the grill until cheese is melted.
- Assemble the brats by placing chopped corned beef inside the bun, topping with bratwurst, drizzling with Russian Dressing and topping with Sauerkraut.