This is a fun and delicious way to use up leftover brisket, or any other leftover meats you may have! The crispy egg rolls filled with smoked meats and veggies topped off with a vibrant horseradish dip are sure to be a new family favorite!
Brisket Egg Rolls with Horseradish Cream
- 1 lb. leftover brisket
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 1 lb. mushrooms, diced
- Canola oil – enough to have 1 inch depth in a pan
- 1 pkg. spring roll wrappers
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup horseradish sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fry cabbage, onion and mushrooms in butter until vegetables are soft.
- Heat oil to 325°. Make sure not to fill the pan too full, leave space for the oil to rise as the egg
- rolls are inserted.
- Heat brisket on the grill or in the oven (or the microwave) until warm.
- Lay out 2 egg roll wrappers with a corner towards you. Put a scoop of veggies near the bottom
- corner and place a couple chunks or shreds of brisket on top. Brush the edges of the top corner
- with egg wash. Pull the bottom corner up and over the filling tightly. Bring the corners to the left
- and right in. Roll tightly up to the top corner. Keep egg roll wrappers and formed egg rolls
- covered with damp paper towels.
- Fry egg rolls in oil until golden brown on all sides. Remove and place on a screen or paper towel
- to drain.
- Whisk together horseradish sauce and sour cream.
- Serve egg rolls hot with horseradish cream.