Wagyu Korean Style Meatballs are quick and delicious meal with an Asian flair that your family will completely devour!
Recipe from Croix Valley Pit Crew member Al Gackstetter @pigseyebbq
Here's the recipe for the oven. I made them on a pellet grill but the instructions are the same.
Cook Time – 20-40 Minutes
Servings – 8-10 Servings
- 2 lbs. of Fellers Ranch Minnesota’s Finest Wagyu Ground Beef
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Cup Panko or Breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 2-3 Large Eggs
- 4 tsp. or to taste of Croix Valley Garlic Barbecue Booster
- ½ Cup thinly sliced green onions
- Optional garnish: toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl/pan, mix all ingredients until well combined. Shape into medium size balls (roll about 2–3-inch meatballs) and place on a greased baking sheet/dish leaving room between each.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until no longer pink inside (160 degrees internal temperature).
- Once the meatballs come up to temperature, heat up the Garlic Ginger Teriyaki sauce on the stovetop (low-medium heat).
- When the meatballs have finished cooking, dip each one individually (using a toothpick) in the sauce. Or you can pour the sauce over the meatballs and gently stir them until covered.
- Serve warm, and sprinkle your Wagyu Korean Style Meatballs with additional green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve over a plate of rice.
- You can also keep these warm (after cooking) in a crockpot on the lowest setting.