Pit Crew Challenge | Mediterranean Fare
For this particular Croix Valley Pit Crew Challenge, we decided on a specific part of the world - the Mediterranean. The countries that fall into this culinary region are vast and contain a wide variety of cuisine. From Spanish to French to Turkish, the possibilities are endless.
We'd also like to announce that the first dish shown is from our newest Pit Crew Member, Jared Morgan. Jared hails from Waikato, New Zealand, and competes on the Yabba Dabba Q BBQ team.
Jared Morgan | Mediterranean Lamb Leg
MIKE SCHILLING | MEDITERRANEAN TAPAS
André Groenendaal | Mediterranean chicken wings with Tzatziki
André Groenendaal | Italian Steak and Chicken Skewers
Jeffrey DeKwant | Mediterranean Mincemeat Burger
- 750 gr Breton mincemeat
- (Garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, peper, salt, garlic booster)
- 4 buns
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 qeur de boueff tomato sliced
- Bit mix salad
- 4 slice of ementhaler cheese
- 3 tbl spoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbl spoon ketchup
- 2 tbl spoon steak marinade and bbq sauce
- Heat up the bbq 400°f
- Make the burger patties and grill them.
- After 6-7 min put the cheese on the burgers and let it melt.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Grill the buns and put some sauce on both sides.
- Put everything on the burger bun.
- Enjoy the burger
The Croix Valley Pit Crew is our team of food sport competitors that strive to create new dishes with our products both personally and in the competitive area. They hail from the United States, the Netherlands, and New Zealand.