While tacos trace their roots to Mexico before the arrival of the Europeans, tacos as we know them today are considered an absolute American favorite. The tortilla is an ideal hand-held vessel to carry the widest array of meats, vegetables and other toppings.
This recipe for Grilled Flounder Tacos with Cast Iron Spanish Rice uses the flavors of the grill to further enhance the culinary experience with healthy grilled fish. The spices, fresh salsa and roasted peppers make this a delicious treat the whole family will love!
Grilled Flounder Tacos
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- 1 large tomatillo (diced)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 5 Flounder or Tilapia filets
- 2 Tbsp. Croix Valley Spicy BBQ Booster or Chipotle Dust BBQ Dry Rub
- 12 oz. Shredded Cheese (Mexican or Cheddar-Jack)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp. Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 6” Flour Tortillas
- 1 Poblano Pepper
Chipotle Dust BBQ Dry Rub:
- 1 cup Granulated Garlic
- ½ Cup Turbinado Sugar
- ½ Cup Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Chipotle
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Our recipe for Cast Iron Spanish Rice.
- Combine all salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with Croix Valley Spicy BBQ Booster or Chipotle Dust BBQ Dry Rub (see above).
- Grill fish over medium grill (350⁰F) until flakey and meat becomes opaque, approximately 3-5 minutes per side, depending upon the thickness of the fillets.
- Grill Poblano pepper over high heat until charred on all sides. Remove Seeds and dice.
- Combine Sour Cream and Chipotles (blend or crush chipotles in adobo sauce until smooth)
- Crumble fish into flour tortillas, top with salsa, cheese, peppers and drizzle with chipotle sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!