While tacos trace their roots to Mexico before the arrival of the Europeans, tacos as we know them today are considered an absolute American favorite. The tortilla is an ideal hand-held vessel to carry the widest array of meats, vegetables and other toppings.
This recipe for Pulled Pork Tacos uses the flavors of the smoker to further enhance the culinary experience with slow-smoked pulled pork. The spices, fresh salsa and roasted peppers make this a delicious treat the whole family will love!
Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- 1 large tomatillo (diced)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 pounds pulled pork.
- 12 oz. Shredded Cheese (Mexican or Cheddar-Jack)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp. Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 6” Flour Tortillas
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- Croix Valley Pitmaster’s Bold Competition Barbecue Sauce (or your BBQ sauce of choice).
- Combine all salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat Pulled Pork or utilize immediately after smoking.
- Grill Poblano pepper over high heat until charred on all sides. Remove Seeds and dice.
- Combine Sour Cream and Chipotles (blend or crush chipotles in adobo sauce until smooth)
- Place pork into flour tortillas, top with salsa, cheese, peppers and drizzle with chipotle sauce and Barbecue Sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!