Pit Crew Challenge | Brat Sauce But No Brats!
It's no secret that our Honey Dijon Barbecue 'N Brat Sauce is great on, well...brats! But it shines on SO many foods beyond that. From potato salad to deviled eggs, the tangy flavors can uplift dishes beyond your wildest imagination. That's why we thought it would be fun for the Pit Crew to feature Brat Sauce in dishes with one rule - NO brats! We have some very creative approaches here. Enjoy!
DAN DICKE | HONEY DIJON GREEN BEANS
With garden season already in effect, I wanted to share a fantastic side dish for my fellow mustard Lovers.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Total time 25 minutes
Fresh Green Beans 1lb
Bacon 1/2 lb
Croix Valley Kansas City Rub 1 TBS
Croix Valley Honey Dijon Barbecue 'N Brat Sauce 1/4C
- Fry bacon and medium frying pan on low heat. While the bacon is frying, wash and start cutting up your green beans.
- Cook bacon until it starts to get crispy. Remove bacon and put on paper towel lined plate.
- Next, saute the green beans in the bacon fat.
- Add 1 TBS of Croix Valley Kansas City Rub. Stir and cook beans until tender.
- Add 1/4 C Croix Valley Honey Dijon Barbecue 'N Brat Sauce.
- Serve with your summertime favorites!
SCOTT NARDI | KING KAMEHAMEHA DOGS
JOHN SCHWARTZ | HONEY DIJON STIR FRY
Not your ordinary STIR FRY! Wasn’t sure how using Croix Valley Honey Dijon Barbecue ’N Brat Sauce would go on a stir fry but figured, “Why Not?!”
The results are in and it’s surprisingly amazing!
- 3 links of my homemade wild rice venison sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 3 bell peppers of your choice
- 1 Table Spoon Croix Valley Garlic Booster
- 3 Table Spoons @fresh_vintage_farms almond oil
- *mushrooms would also be excellent in the dish*
- Cooked rice of your choice with eggs
- Sauté sausage onions and peppers with almond oil and garlic booster.
- Scramble a couple eggs and add to your cooked rice.
- Lay a bed of rice down and top with sausage mixture. Drizzle with brat sauce and garnish with white and black sesame seeds and green onion!
MIKE SCHILLING | SMOKED OLIVE LOAF SLIDERS
STEVE & JEN LAUER | LEFTOVER HONEY DIJON TURKEY TACOS
Jeffrey DeKwant | BBQ Mustard Soup
The Croix Valley Pit Crew is our team of food sport competitors that strive to create new dishes with our products both personally and in the competitive area. They hail from the United States, the Netherlands, and New Zealand.