THIS RECIPE COMES FROM CROIX VALLEY PIT CREW MEMBER SCOTT NARDI AKA @SCOOTERTRASH78
King Kamehameha dogs anyone?
This recipe was inspired by the tropical fruits and Asian flair of Hawaiian street food. This all-beef hot dog covered in pineapple salsa and Croix Valley sauces and seasonings would fit right in on the beaches of Waikiki! Oh, and there’s bacon. We all know everything is better with bacon!
King Kamehameha Dog
- 1 pineapple - sliced
- 2 aloha bell peppers - quartered
- 2 jalapeños - slice in half & remove seeds
- 1 medium red onion - sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro - chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Croix Valley Honey Dijon Barbecue 'N Brat Sauce
- Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki Wing and BBQ Booster
- Croix Valley Spicy Barbecue Booster
- Croix Valley Pineapple Habanero Barbecue and Wing Sauce
- Bacon - crumbled
- All beef jumbo hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
Pineapple Salsa directions:
- Grill the pineapple, bell peppers, jalapeños and onion just until they get a little char. The goal is to give them a grilled flavor without cooking them through.
- Dice them all and mix all together in a large bowl with the lime juice and cilantro.
- Add Croix Valley Spicy Booster to taste.
East meets West Aioli directions:
Combine the mayonnaise, Garlic Ginger Teriyaki sauce and Honey Dijon Brat Sauce together in a small bowl and whisk together.
Hot dog preparation & assembly:
- Season the hot dogs with Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki Booster and grill to your desired doneness.
- Place the dogs in a lightly toasted bun.
- Drizzle the hot dog with the aioli and spoon on your desired amount of pineapple salsa.
- Top with crumbled bacon and drizzle with Croix Valley Pineapple Habanero Sauce.