RECIPE FROM CROIX VALLEY PIT CREW MEMBER AL GACKSTETTER. @PIGSEYEBBQ
A quick and delicious meal that is easy to make on weeknights after work or school that the kids devour. This dish works great as a lettuce wrap or a Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl.
Prep Time – 5 Minutes
Cook Time – 20 Minutes
Servings – 8 Servings
- 1 ½-2lbs of ground turkey
- 1 can of water chestnuts
- Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki Wing and BBQ Booster
- Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki BBQ and Wing Sauce
- Romaine Lettuce
- Green Onion
- Cook rice per direction on package (we make 3 cups if 1 ½lbs of turkey and 4 with 2lbs).
- Brown turkey in a frying pan with Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki Wing and BBQ Booster plus salt and pepper to taste (About 15 minutes).
- While turkey is cooking, dice water chestnuts, green onion, and wash romaine lettuce (hearts of romaine work well).
- When turkey is almost finished, add the water chestnuts. Then add approximately 1/3-1/2 bottle of Croix Valley Garlic Ginger Teriyaki BBQ and Wing Sauce depending on the amount of turkey and how saucy you like it. Start with about a third of a bottle… you can always add more! Heat for another 3-5 minutes.
- Using the lettuce leaf as a boat, add a little rice to the bottom of it. Add turkey to top and garnish with some green onion. Pickup and eat!
Recipe Notes -
* If in a hurry, minute rice works well and cooks in 5 minutes!
* When making a bowl just add rice to the bowl and add turkey on top.