These Grilled Mexican Stuffed Peppers pull in fresh flavors from south of the border to brighten up any kitchen, anywhere!
Grilled Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 4 Bell Peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3/4 pound ground Chorizo Sausage
- 1 medium Onion, Diced
- 2 cup Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp Mexican (taco) seasoning.
- 1 Tbsp Croix Valley Spicy Barbecue Booster
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat of approximately 350⁰F.
- In a cast Iron Skillet on the bottom cast Iron grate of the Icon Grill, add sausage and onions and cook until sausage is done and onions are tender. Drain any remaining fat.
- Spoon approximately ½ cup sausage/onion mixture in bottom of each pepper.
- Add a couple of spoons-full of corn, then black beans and sprinkle on the Mexican Seasoning and Barbecue Booster.
- Cover with shredded cheese and place on top stainless rack of the Icon Grill.
- Cook in covered grill until edges of peppers begin to char and peppers become softened and tender to the touch – approximately 12 minutes, rotating on grill half-way through the cook.