What an easy way to make a delicious side dish for your next meal! You don't need to spend hours in the kitchen baking potatoes in the oven to make this favorite, a few minutes of preparation and you've got a masterpiece. Want to make a meal of it? Top with your favorites and you've got one amazing loaded potato you'll want to make again and again!
Croix Valley Easy Twice Baked Potato
- 4 Large Potatoes (Use your favorite bakers, Russett, Yukon Gold, etc.)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp of your favorite Croix Valley Sauce
- Thoroughly clean potatoes under running water and place in microwave. Cook on high setting until done (approx. 10 min. for 2 potatoes, 15 min. for 4).
- Allow potatoes to cool enough to handle and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out insides of potato, leaving enough potato on the skin (about 1/4" depth), to form potato "boats".
- In a medium bowl, combine potato insides, milk, butter, cheese and Croix Valley Sauce. Place potato mixture back into potato skins, place on baking sheet or roasting pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until thoroughly heated through. Serves 4-6.