Pork loin is a fantastic cut for the grill, as it is a blank canvas that will take anything you throw at it and cooks up easily. Utilizing peppers for heat and flavor in this recipe will give your dish a kick, but it is as easy to tone down or omit the pepper for those with a more tender palate.
Spicy Pork Loin Slider
- Pork Loin
- Slider Buns
- Spreadable Butter
- Shredded Lettuce
- Croix Valley Hot 'N Spicy Sauce & Marinade
Suggested Croix Valley Rubs:
- Heat grill to 325 degrees.
- Trim any excess fat from the pork loin and cover all sides with remaining rub. Place on grill.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 145 degrees and desired tenderness is achieved, approximately 2 hours (depending on the size of your loin). Cutting the loin into smaller sections will decrease the cooking time and give you more surface area to apply the rub, thereby increasing the heat level.
- Combine Hot 'N Spicy Sauce with rub. Heat in pot over grill or on the stove until it begins to boil. Brush sauce over pork on grill and allow to set. Continue brushing with sauce on the grill as desired.
- Remove pork from grill and allow to rest prior to cutting.
- Slice onions and fry with olive oil or melted butter in cast iron pan on grill until soft and transparent.
- Brush insides of slider buns with butter and place butter side down on grill until buns begin to toast and get brown and crisp.
- Thinly slice pork loin.
- To assemble sliders, place lettuce on bottom, then stack with pork loin, top with onions, drizzle with additional sauce, and finish with top bun.