This is truly one of those indulgent dips that can be paired effortlessly with breads, vegetables, chips and more. While a creamy Spinach and Artichoke dip by itself always results in an empty bowl and the craving for more, when cooked outdoors, allowing for the cheeses to soak up the smokey elements of a well-seasoned grill, you are simply elevating the experience to a whole new level and speeding up the time it takes for your guests to devour it. Our suggestion; make a double batch – this won’t last long!
Smoked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 (16 oz) block Cream Cheese, softened.
- 1 can or jar of Artichoke Hearts
- 1 (10oz) package frozen chopped Spinach, thawed.
- 2 cups shredded Italian Cheese Blend (Parmesan, Asiago & Romano cheeses)
- ¼ cup Croix Valley Garlic Barbecue Booster
- Heat grill to 300° F.
- Drain artichoke hearts and finely chop.
- Drain any excess liquid from thawed spinach. Placing spinach in cheesecloth or a high-quality paper towel to squeeze out any additional moisture is helpful. Finely chop spinach.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to a foil pan and place on the smoker for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all of the Italian cheeses have melted. Dip is ready to serve when hot and the edges have begun to bubble.